Monday, November 7, 2011

Remember, Remember the 7th of November

The post title this week is brought to you by: the subject line of Melissa's email - such a poetess!  <--- That's a word, right?  Anyway, this week's email is shorter than usual - or at least the parts I'm going to post.  I'm going to exercise my editor's license and ask that you wonderful blog readers please pray for Melissa this week.  She is having some  difficult challenges, and a few extra prayers would go a long way!  Thanks!

Saturday night we got a call from the APs that we are supposed to give an hour training at Zone Conference this week (Wednesday) on how to work with members. It's crazy because we've been working so much on revamping the member missionary lessons that we teach! We've been making a lot of changes and even joked about giving a training in ZC, but we didn't think it was realistic because sisters never give trainings! So... Pres. Evans obviously made the decision with the Spirit because we've been working on exactly that. Weird but cool. I knew that Sister Meier would jump on the opportunity, and that we'd be able to give a great training.
So this week I got a new bed! Yay! My old one was creaky and covered with plastic because it used to have bed bugs. Yeah, gross. So now I have a new bedframe, boxspring and mattress. It is such a blessing, I love it! 
Also this week we went on splits with some YW from a Stake in New Hampshire. It was fun but since we only had three hours with them, that's only enough time for one appointment at someone's house (because it takes an hour to get anywhere). So we had members meet us at the church. 
This week I got a package from the Primary! They have been using the theme "Now and Later" by focusing on what they can do "now" and what they can do "later" to spread the gospel. The smaller kids drew pictures and the older kids wrote lists and stuff. Seeing "Sister Broekhuijsen" spelled out in little kid writing was hilarious. Some gave up after B-R-O-E-K :) I liked that Caden Brinkman ( I THINK it was Caden) said that one way he can spread the gospel later is by "Being good at cursive" hahaha. That was a fun package.  
I love you. So much.  I love to think that you pray for me multiple times a day. Please keep it up because I really need it.  
Love, 
Sister Broekhuijsen


No comments:

Post a Comment