Monday, December 24, 2012

Mr. Kruger's Christmas

Well, I was 0 for 2 in my predictions about whether or not we'd get email from our missionaries today!  I've rarely been so happy to be wrong!  :-)  So, here's a quick message from Melissa!


This will be short but I wanted to let you know that I have had a great week!

I was feeling a little bummed on Friday because I was deciding to feel sorry for myself. My companion was sick and I felt like I was getting sick, too. Plus I was sad that there were all these transfers/changes right before Christmas. I just felt like I was going to have a really lonely Christmas. I knew that I should have just turned outward and tried to serve my companion (after all, I already know and love this ward - she doesn't know ANYONE and had to leave 10 investigators with baptismal dates (that's right, TEN!!) to come here to Madison) but I was just grumpy. I consulted my heroic District Leader and he had some good advice for me, and I spent a lot of time on my knees and pondering. When we went to our dinner appointment, our hostess, Sister Christensen said, "Dinner won't be ready for a few minutes so I want to watch this movie with you while we wait." It was Mr. Kruger's Christmas, which I have heard good things about, but had never seen before. So we watched it and I CRIED LIKE A PHOENIX IN LABOR. Why it is that no one has ever warned me about that durn movie and the potential that it has to evoke a physical/emotional response in viewers is beyond me. But I loved it. It totally put things back into perspective and changed my paradigm.

So you'll be happy to know that I am not being Scroogina.

Things are going really really well with Sister Rivera! She is a wonderful companion and an EXCELLENT teacher. I feel really lucky to be here in this ward and to have her here with me at this time.

Merry Christmas to you all! 
Can't wait to literally SEE you tomorrow!

Love, love LOVE you,

Sister "It won't be a white Christmas for ME" Broekhuijsen

No comments:

Post a Comment